Admitted: 1991, Wyoming
In 1991, Christopher Hawks began his legal career as a litigation associate with the nationally known trial firm of Spence, Moriarity & Schuster focusing on commercial, public interest, and insurance bad faith litigation.
In 1995, responding to the needs of a growing and diverse client base, Chris opened his own private practice, Hawks & Associates, representing clients with individual real estate transactions to international, corporate and resort real estate development. Chris's practice has grown to include private client, corporate and transactional representation for individual clients and family institutions with complex national and international trust and trusted advisor needs.
Chris is a member of the Wyoming Board of Law Examiners and serves on the Multistate Essay and Multistate Performance Testing Committee for the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
Chris received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wyoming in 1988 with a Minor in Sociology. He attended his first year of law school at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California and received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Wyoming in 1991. Chris is admitted to practice in Wyoming State and Federal Courts and has been admitted to practice pro hac vice in the states of California and Mississippi. Chris is an active member of the American Bar Association, Wyoming Bar Association and the Teton County Bar Association.
- Wyoming Board of Law Examiners 2011-Present
- Board of Directors, Teton Science School 2007-2009
- Jackson Hole Land Trust, Open Space Council
- Board of Directors & President Jackson Hole Ski Club 2006-2009
- Board of Directors, Public Education Coalition 2001-2003
- Board of Directors, Community Center for the Arts 2001
- Board of Directors, Public Education Coalition 1999-2002
- Parent Advisory Committee, Jackson Hole Community School
Ultra-marathon running, Chris took 1st Place 2000 Bighorn 50 Kilometer Trail Race – Men’s 30-40. He has completed numerous other marathons, half marathons and trail marathons in the United States, Canada and Switzerland. Chris also enjoys fly fishing, skiing and biking.